Historical survey of Doessel
 
  A view of Doessel
from the south
 
Um 1000 
 
  the nearby villages Dalpenhusen and Sielheim are mentioned in a document record
 
Um 1200  Doessel is mentioned in a property register of Corvey monastery 
 
1231  A vicarage is mentioned 
 
1291 
 
„Hermannus de Dusele“ testifies in a sales contract 
 
1410  

 

The „von Geismar“ family purchase the Dalpenhof farm 
 
 
1533 

 

The nearby real estate „Ripe“ is acquired by the same family 
 
 
1582 
 
The second church building is mentioned 
 
1667 

 

The „von Geismar“ family settle in „Riepen Estate“ 
 
 
1671 

 

The vicarage is re-established under the parish Johannes Espenkotten 
 
 
1687 
 

 

Franz von Wittinghoff , canon of Paderborn cathedral, donates the so-called sun  monstrance to the parish 
1738 

 

A village inn is mentioned 

 

1760 

 

1st of August: British troups loot the village after their victorious battle of Warburg 
 
1842 

 

The municipality purchases the second school building from the Jew David Schoenfeld
 
1847 
 
The marksmen company give themselves a statute 
 
1858 - 1864 
 
 
The present-day parish church is constructed in Neo-Gothic style 
 
 
1891 
 
The third school building is constructed 
 
1906 
 
The post office is set up 
 
1913 
 
 
The united Ossendorf waterworks are set up by partnership of Doessel
 
 
1914 
 
A fire brigade is founded by volunteers 
 
1916 
 
A loan bank is established 
 
1919 
 
The village gets connection to the power supply system 
 
1921 
 
The woodwind and brass music band is founded 
 
1939 
 
Construction of a military airfield begins 
 
1940 - 1945 
 
Oflag (P.O.W camp) VI B Doessel is mainly occupied by polish P.O.W. 
 
1943 
 
 
20th September: 47 polish POW escape from the camp through a tunnel 
 
1944 
 
27th September: 90 polish POW die by mistake in a British air raid
 
1948 
 
The community hall is set up 
 
1957 - 1962 
 
The scattered farmland is consolidated 
 
1960 
 
The football (soccer) club is founded 
 
1962 
 
The fourth school building is inaugurated 
 
1975 
 
Doessel becomes a part of the community of Warburg
 
1985 
 
The tennis club is founded 
 
 

 
Please send us an e-mail....
Back to start...
Here you always get back to the start...